Aerial Yoga...what's it all about?
Chakra Aerial Yoga is a playful and fun way to practice yoga and enhance other sporting activities.
We use a soft width of fabric hung like a hammock at hip height. Using the hammock as a prop we move through a flowing sequence of classic and adapted yoga postures. With our weight supported, either partially or fully by the fabric, we can explore ways of aligning and strengthening the body as well as releasing tension and decompressing joints in a practice that is playful and restorative rather than stressful or strenuous.
You will be able to achieve advanced yoga postures that can take years to learn. It helps for deeper stretches and greater flexibility whilst building core strength – with ease, and because it’s so playful it leaves you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
No previous yoga or flying experience necessary!
Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Decompression of joints and spine
- Re-alignment of the body structure without stress and strain
- Improvement in balance
- Development of core strength and stability
- An increase in flexibility and mobility
- Encourages self-confidence and sense of mastery
- Stimulating the mind by learning new skills and techniques
- Reconnecting you to your playful nature